Life Is Like A Roller Coaster


Life Is Like A Roller Coaster

‘Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but it’s your choice to scream and enjoy the ride.’


  
About four years ago I began my fitness journey, falling in love with the world of training and nutrition. I spent my days with the most inspiring people who helped me to become someone I had always wanted to be. Someone who looked in the mirror, loved themselves and was proud of what they saw. But the world is forever changing and keeping up with every little craze and remaining positive with yourself is super hard, especially when everything else around you is moving so quickly.

For those of you who used to read my blog, before I say anything else, I want to say thank you. It made up a time in my life where things weren’t particularly secure and I found joy and happiness in connecting with the world through sharing my knowledge and opinions of fitness and nutrition. But like I say, with the latest crazes changing so quickly and so many people throwing around their different opinions, it was easy to get lost in my own thoughts, run out of things I felt comfortable talking about and ultimately, fall out of love with it all.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but the past year and a half since I stopped writing has been a rollercoaster of a journey. There have been ups and there have been downs, but mostly there has been a lack of stability, which has been reflected in my physical body image, my eating habits and my mental attitude.  Let’s just say I have been back and forth through stages of restricted eating, total and complete binges and just general, unnecessary moments of self-sabotage. Despite teaching exercise classes most days, and quite often even twice a day, my unhealthy eating habits held me back from making any positive physical changes and I felt constantly rubbish about myself –no matter how much I tried to adjust the camera angles to see the slightest ab line.

After a lot of self reflection and perhaps making myself the sickest I think I have ever felt from food, I finally made the active decision to sort it out. But this wasn’t just going to be another ‘healthy’ phase that lasted a month or two. This was going to be a change in mentality. A promise to myself to treat my body like it deserved to be treated. To get back in the gym and fall in love with training again. To look in the mirror and be proud of not just what I saw, but the dedication and action behind it.

I made that decision back in June and it was the best decision I could have made…


No comments:

Post a Comment